Holiday stress is a real thing, It just is. No matter how much we love the holidays, a LOT goes into making them special for you and the ones you love. There are countless gifts to wrap, but another gift avenue you can’t forget is the STOCKING!! A collective shriek goes out, because we focus so much on the gifts that go under the tree, we often forget the stockings hung on the mantel by the fireside (or stairs, or wall, or wherever your stockings are mounted). Stockings are obviously a big part of Christmas tradition, but how did that start? It seems to point back to the age old story of St. Nicholas. The story goes that St.Nicholas dropped some gold coins down the chimney of a widower because he had no money to use as dowry for his daughters. One of the coins landed in a sock that was hung on the mantel to dry by the fire and the next morning, the widower and his daughters were excited and joyful to find the coins, solving their financial dilemma. That’s where our tradition of stockings on the mantel bearing gifts came from!
There seems to be a classic debate on stockings: do you put gifts in stockings, just candy, practical items, fruit, or all the above? Answer: YES! There really is no written law about the contents of stockings so make it fun and make it tailored just for your family by thinking about what everyone likes best. I’ve always taken a practical approach to stockings by putting gifts in them, gifts that are useful and meaningful to each person. Gifts that aren’t “junk” to be thrown away in six months time because they are useless. Want to make your stocking stuffers useful and “healthy” for your family but don’t have a clue where to start? Let’s explore some great, useful stocking stuffers!
Health And Wellness
You want your stocking stuffers to be helpful, everyday needed gifts. What better idea than gifts that help maintain and improve health and wellness.
- Hand sanitizer/hand sanitizer keychains
- Toothbrush – For an innovative change, try the Brilliant Soft Toothbrush, Brilliant Sensitive Toothbrush, Brilliant Special Soft Toothbrush, Brilliant Expectant Mom Toothbrush, and the Brilliant Lumi Travel Sonic Toothbrush for adults. These brushes have a round brush head that cleans in all directions giving you a more advanced clean than a regular flat toothbrush. Brilliant oral care for kids start with baby and goes up, check out the Baby Buddy by Brilliant line for what brush goes at each stage, and the toothbrushes for kids: Brilliant Child Toothbrush, Brilliant Kids Toothbrush and the Brilliant Kids Sonic Toothbrushes that come in regular and in three cute character brushes.
- Toothpaste – You can get your family their regular toothpaste OR you can get them a more beneficial alternative toothpaste. Try Spry Xylitol Tooth Gel by Brilliant Oral Care. Spry is a natural tooth gel that contains xylitol. Xylitol helps prevent cavities because it reduces the amount of bacteria in the mouth that can stick to gums, teeth, and other oral tissues. It’s safe to swallow and safe for kids and it contains NO fluoride!
- Soap, hand soaps, shower gels
We have a need for personal care items every single day. Why not make the needed and normal a practical useful gift, ready to fit perfectly in any size stocking.
- Shaving cream for men, lotion for women
- Hair brush/Hair accessories
- Nail clippers/nail files
- Nail polish
- Makeup/beauty products
- Chapstick/lip balm
- Face masks
- Pocket knife
Gifts And Fun
You can’t have a well stuffed stocking without some fun things and gifts that will make them grin from ear to ear.
- Wireless headphones/ear buds
- Insulated water bottle or coffee mug
- Golf balls
- Gift cards
- Family photo book/keepsake
- Colored pens, pencils, markers
- Journal/sketch pad
- Puzzles or puzzle books, activity books
- Deck of playing cards
- Chess set, checkers game
- Tea bags, hot chocolate mix, coffee
- Key chain
Time To Start Shopping!
These are just a FEW of THOUSANDS of ideas to use as good, practical, healthy and useful stocking stuffers. Whether your family are fans of dark chocolate and trail mix, gummy bears and peanut butter pretzels to organic honey, herbal tea and all natural lip balm, there is an endless array of great things out there just waiting to surprise and delight your family on Christmas morning. And to the naysayers who might complain about getting a toothbrush and toothpaste in their stocking: they’ll be thanking you when those toothbrushes save them from cavities months later. You have your ideas, you know your loved ones best, now hit your favorite stores and online shopping sites, we all have stocking to fill!
© 2020 Compac Industries. All rights reserved.
This article is intended to provide an understanding of and knowledge about “health topics” as expressed through the perspective and research of the author. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice or counsel, including the diagnosis or treatment of any condition. Always seek the advice of your qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, illness or treatment of any listed or non listed situation above. By using this site, you signify your assent to our Terms and Conditions.