The dictionary defines the word “habit” as a settled or regular tendency or practice. We all have habits, lots of them! Some are good, some are bad, some we really aren’t quite sure how we developed but we continue on, like the saying goes, we are all creatures of habit! Good habits help us to move forward both personally and professionally, while the bad ones can keep us stuck in unproductive cycles. We all want positive growth in our lives and growth can be painful, but worth the effort. So, how can we move forward by extenuating our good habits and changing our bad ones? Let’s look at some positive habits that successful people swear their success is driven by. What are some key habits you can implement to help you be more successful, both professionally and personally?
Key Habits For Professional Success
Successful people in business have their own personal formula for how they accomplish their goals, and a lot of those are consistent among numerous types of professionals, from the guy in the mailroom to the business owner, good habits are needed every single day!
- Make time for exercise
- Read a lot of different books
- Get up early
- Set aside time to think, at least 15 minutes a day
- Be around people who inspire you
- Get plenty of rest
- Set daily goals and long term goals, and work towards making them happen
- Use your time wisely
- Accept constructive criticism
- Learn from your failures and mistakes
- Study about the industry you are in and keep yourself educated
- Take a few moments every day away from people and devices to think & reflect
Important Points For Personal Success
Just as professional habits and goals are important for success in business, the most important habits you can implement are the ones that make you healthy and whole in your personal life.
- Challenge yourself to accomplish something you once thought impossible
- Realize that your happiness is more valuable than wealth
- Have people you trust in your life to keep you accountable
- Don’t repeat your mistakes
- Create a daily routine that works for you and stick to it
- Choose to have a positive attitude and take it through everything you do
- Surround yourself with positive people that support you
- Make a to-do list and stay motivated to get those things accomplished
- Eat healthy foods and exercise regularly
- Make sure you have time to relax and decompress every day, make time for your self
Healthy Habits That Overlap Professionally and Personally
Helpful habits are just that, HELPFUL!! Some of the most helpful habits to implement are those that bring you success AND happiness to both your professional AND personal life!
- Eating healthy foods and exercising regularly – It’s an obvious one, I know, but the healthier you are physically the more productive you will be in your career and will better enjoy your personal life. When you feel good you are happy, this will spill over into all areas of your life!
- Get plenty of rest – No doubt that when we are tired every area of our life suffers. We can’t be productive professionally or happy personally when we are exhausted. A good night’s sleep is IMPORTANT for all areas of life, especially for your well being.
- Create a daily routine and stick to it – Good habits help us in every aspect of our big picture. Good habits in our professional life help us to be successful as good habits in our personal life make us healthier and happier, which help us professionally. It’s a circle that creates a good, balanced life.
- Use your time wisely – We only get a set number of hours in a day, we need to make the most of them. Balancing career and personal life isn’t easy, but scheduling time for both and not compromising on your personal life help you to not be overwhelmed.
- Set goals and work towards making them happen – Everyone has dreams for both their personal and professional life. The best way to see both sets of dreams become realities is to make goals, set a plan in motion to accomplish them, then work hard to see both sets of dreams become realities.
- Choose to have a positive attitude and take it into everything that you do – There is so much to be said about people who approach life with a positive attitude. They are the ones that see business and personal success, they are genuinely happy people, and they are the people that you want to be around the most. A positive attitude can bring you joy in all areas of life.
Healthy Habits = Happy You!
As you can see, and as research has shown, good, healthy habits are key and essential to being successful in your profession and in your personal life. It’s a busy, chaotic time in which we live and it makes it even more of a challenge to create and implement these healthy habits, and some may be out of your comfort zone. The success, stability and happiness these habits will provide your life makes every single bit of effort and hard work worth the time and energy put forth. Everyone wants to live their best life and be able to say they’ve lived it to the fullest every single day. Healthy habits only work if you are willing to make them work. Their effectiveness is all dependent on your willingness to do whatever it takes to make your dreams come true! Anything is possible with hard work and discipline.
© 2020 Compac Industries. All rights reserved.
This article is intended to provide an understanding of and knowledge about “health topics” as expressed through the perspective and research of the author. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice or counsel, including the diagnosis or treatment of any condition. Always seek the advice of your qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, illness or treatment of any listed or non listed situation above. By using this site, you signify your assent to our Terms and Conditions.